7.31.2010

Sherry's Radical Experiment

So I've been reading this book called Radical by David Platt. Its seriously been a life changer for me. I have several things in the works, changes to be made in my life, and you can follow along with my blog and see what those are as we go.

Part of the book challenges you to live out a Radical Experiment for a year in your life. I'll detail this out later, but one of the parts of the experiment is to read the bible through in one year. I've done this once before and it was profound. And being challenged by Radical, now I wanna do it again. I want my mind saturated with God's word. David Platt says, "God has chosen by his matchless grace to give us revelation of himself in his word. It is the only Book that he has promised to bless by his Spirit to transform you and me into the image of Jesus Christ. It is the only book that he has promised to use to bring our hearts, our minds, and our lives in alignment with him....when you and I open the bible, we are beholding the very words of God - words that have supernatural power to redeem, renew, refresh, and restore our lives to what he created them to be."

A lot of us have been searching for God's will for our lives, what he has for us to do, say, act, feel, etc. Well, how can we know what God wants if we don't open up the book where he tells us, or where he wants to connect with us. It's like asking your mom what she wants for her birthday and she sends you a written list and you have it in your possession but you don't open it to read it and you still wander around perplexed and worried and confused as to what she wants. And you know what I think? I think that's just silly. But I've done it over and over and over again.

I feel God calling me to make big changes in my lifestyle. To live smaller so I can give more and do more for him. There is a world of people out there who don't know who he is, and Jesus is worth more to me than the American dream. I need direction in this, so I gotta surround myself in His word and see what God says about it.

So I challenge you to do the same. I really think it will change your life. Well, I don't THINK, I KNOW it will. I'm using an iphone app called youversion that has several bible reading plans to get you through a year. I'm doing the chronological plan (just because those who know me, know I like things to be in order) so to read the bible in chronological time order will be neat. I think youversion also has a blackberry app too if you don't have an iphone. Or just do it the old fashioned way and open your bible and read it from cover to cover. It doesn't matter how you do it, just do it!

So you, my 12 blog readers, I challenge you to join me!

No comments: