9.21.2009

WHAT? There's Muslims in Houston???

I got this from a friend in my email box this past week. She and I had gone to Harwin earlier in the year and I bought a pair of sunglasses in this very store. This message was forwarded to me from her (NOTE - NONE of these comments are from her):


Ladies: don’t shop here!! Is this for real??? If so, these A-holes need to be introduced to Texas justice. Do Not do business with shops on Harwin or at least the Central Mall. See below.
--------------------------------

This needs to go out to everyone in your address book in Houston and everyone in the U.S. It’s time to stop being pansies sitting on the sidelines. It’s WAR. We need to recognize it and deal with it.
--------------------------------

Never saw this reported by the news, disgusting !!!
--------------------------------

They hate America even though they have the freedom to do this.
I love that they posted it in Spanish as well…don’t want to leave out the illegals!
Kathy
--------------------------------

This is from a friend of mine in Houston and she was the one who witnessed this sign. That is so disgusting!!!!
Chrissy
--------------------------------

I only go to Harwin Drive to buy rhinestones when I don’t have time to order in from my wholesale source. Today I went to the Harwin Central Mall to pick up some crystals.

The very first store that you come to when you walk from the lobby of the building into the shopping area had this sign posted on their door. I couldn’t stay in the building it made me so sick. Feel free to share this with others.



Click on the picture to enlarge it if you want!
...end of email...

I'm sorry, but is there something wrong with me? Because my first reaction was NOT to boycott the store, it was also NOT to bad mouth them, nor was it the angered urge to forward this email to everyone in my address book. My first reaction was... "I wanna go there AGAIN!!" "I wanna shop there every week until I become friends with them."

My second reaction was frustration with people (Christians in particular) who react this way instead of reacting with a burden for people who don't know Christ. How would these guys ever come to have a relationship with Christ if we all reacted this way?

I can certainly tell you that I will be making a lot more trips to Harwin Central Market in the future! You can bank on it!

2 comments:

Christie Lacy said...

what a fresh perspective Sherry. I think we americans react this way out of fear, and unfortunately let that guide our hearts instead of letting Him guide our hearts.

billiemae said...

Sherry, thank you for sticking to your Christian principles. In scripture it tells us to love our enemies and to bless those who curse you. ( Matthew 5: 44 KJV)
I admire you for doing the unpopular thing. please visit my blog at:
http://astrollthrumythoughts.blogspot.com
billiemae